Friday, February 12, 2010

Lost And Found...The Christo And Jean-Claude Gates

I thought I had lost these images and much to my surprise I located them in a random file on my computer.  Imagine my delight!!  Unfortunately we lost Jean-Claude this past November but her spirit lives on through the memories of many who had were fortunate enough to experience their work.  I hope you enjoy the images and that they catch a bit of the energy that was in the air, the dichotomy of the saffron flags against the snow was both breathtaking and surreal.

















































































This photo was taken from the lounge at The Mandarin Oriental....




Where, in celebration of the saffron flags, we managed to knock back a bottle (OK maybe two...er, three) bottles of Veuve Clicquot;) 





French artist Andrée Putman has created a box for Veuve Clicquot’s La Grande Dame 1998 champagne. La Grande Dame comes in a special casket that doubles as an ice holder




Au revoire~

6 comments:

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Thanks Jaime for delighting us with these photos. I remember their exhibit when it hit the news that year. He & his wife were quite the team. So sad that he has passed now. The youtube video was great. You are a gal after my own heart. Nothing is more divine than a bottle or 3 of Veuve Clicquot and that view!!

Cheers my dear xx

Francine Gardner said...

I just had the most peaceful moment watching the Gates Video. This installation was sublime. I was, at the time, doing an apartment on Central Park South with direct view on the "Gates"...it was almost surreal, i felt back in Asia among the saffron draped monks...
on a different note, i just nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award and cannot wait to hear 7 things about yourself...inturn, you must tag 7 blogs for the same award...enjoy

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

I absolutely love this couple.... so so talented.... I have many books on them. She must be very lonely without him by her side

DecRenew Interiors said...

Gorgeous and my favorite color!

Fargerike Dagny said...

Thise pics are amazing! You should frame some of them!

Marija said...

This is one of the best posts I've seen all day - great images. Glad you found them! Marija

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails